- 4E ruleset to be used exclusively. We'll adjust if required based on gameplay. It is our first kick at the can as they say.
- The party should tend to be good aligned.
- Whatever their long-term goals, the PCs are currently trying to gain membership in the Clifftop Adventurers' Guild located in Upper Dura. I'll post info on them in the next post.
- Assume that you all work for the guild in some way. You could be a cook, a stablehand, a server, bartender, warehouse supply, etc. You can be good friends or mere aquaintenences. I leave that up to you.
- I highly recommend you try to "round out" the party for a variety of reasons. You will run the gambit of D&D obstacles: combat (lots), info gathering, diplomacizing, traps and puzzles, etc. Besides that it will help us all get used to the new classes. 8^)
- You will start at level 1. 4E rules suggest leveling every 10 encounters. I intend to stick with that.
- When the new rules are available I recommend that you spend some time reading like crazy. Lots of changes in the new rules means that it will be a whole new game. We've lost some classes and gained some others. Skills and checks have changed. You get the picture.
Monday, May 19, 2008
This campaign is set to start in July 2008. Here are some particulars to assist the players in creating their characters.