Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ethan's Journal - 8 Barrakas, 998 YK


Tower Spit! My arse is sore! Riding horseback is not for me. I'm not sure if I can handle a month of this! Six take the watch for their laziness and for swindling Master Dourstone. Never there when you need them, yet always around to screw up your life. That's the Sharn City Watch.

Blazes, I don't even know what to write in this thing and my hand is hurting for the effort. Master Dourstone thinks writing a journal will help me focus. He tells me, write what you think, what you feel. I guess if I'm honest with myself I'm afraid to do that.

My hands still shake when I think about yesterday. Our new companion Eranin was being attacked by those thugs from Deathsgate. He cried for help so I ran to his aid. Stupid, almost got me killed! I was next to useless, but at least I didn't leave others to fend for themselves like Jon. I could have used his help, I asked for it, but instead he moved towards Eranin. I understand why he did it, but I was still up and could have used some help. Ogre's Eyes, we could have had two prisoners instead of just the one.

Sterling was there though. Wow, was he a figure of resolve. He gave me some tips later on that day, about fighting as a team. I'll need to talk to him more about this. All I know is if other Forged are like him they have my vote.

Well I think that's all I have. I wrote how I feel, what I'm thinking just like Master Dourstone said to do. Except for this; I'm afraid. I've never been out of Sharn before, I've never owed anyone money. I'm ashamed to admit it but when the guard showed up, I almost ran. I thought my streak of good luck had ended. But here I am, sore arse and all. Olladra keep me.

2 comments:

skallawag said...

haha, these stories are great! i love them

Celestial Bison said...

I enjoy them as well. I think we started something interesting that gives a really good flavor for the characthers and game.

It's something I intend to keep doing and I encourage everyone else.

It's cool to read afterwards how different characthers viewed what happened.

I'm more interested in reading the campaign blog on a regular basis if we do as characther development and iteraction is more interesting than reading the Eberron stuff. Or at least for me. That's what I like most about D & D.