- The group has been charged with the task of retrieving a seemingly priceless Khyber dragonshard that was stolen from Alara by a group known as the Bloodghost Syndicate. The dragonshard had been raided from its transport ship as it crossed Lake Galifar to Xandrar.
- The PCs opted to enter Xandrar singly and to each do their own information gathering in order to find clues as to the location of the syndicate's hideout or anything else pertaining to the heist.
- Ethan worked the streets and was able to secure the name of a noble who had recently been ripped off by the Syndicate and to set up a meeting with a member of the Bloodghosts on the pretence of becoming a member. He was to meet Tolg at the Bottle and Blade Speak Easy Inn and then meet someone named Jarmaag Fireseer. Ethan also spent some time at the docks and confirmed the Bottle and Speak easy as a known Bloodghost hangout. Oddly enough he new sailor buddy had heard nothing of a raided ship and murdered crew - let alone the theft of a large dragonshard.
- Delian used his ties to the church to locate a member of the town's guards who would be willing to provide information on the Bloodghosts in exchange for assistance on taking them down if possible. He also met with the noble - Armos - and learned that he had recently been sold a fraudulant relic by the Bloodghosts. He offered Delian the name Jarmaag Fireseer at the Bottle and Blade in exchange for assistance in getting his money back or the real artifact he wanted in the first place.
- Nenia (and Sterling) hit up the local "fences" posing as prospective buyers of rare rituals and dragonshards. She set up a deal to buy a rare ritual and was given the name of another fence who was known to deal in Dragonshards. After some convincing, the second fence told he to give the code phrase "The moon of Khyber shines bright upon Eberron" to the barkeep at the Bottle and Speak Easy. From there she would be able to meet someone selling a "huge and nearly flawless" dragonshard.
- Our dwarven friend Braddoc opted for the direct approach. He marched himself straight to the seediest drinking establishment he could find and started talking loudly about recovering stolen dragonshards and the Bloodghosts. At one point he noticed a large bugbear give him a sidelong look, drain his drink, and slip out into the night. Braddoc took notice of his looks for future recognisance. The next day he continued his methods and was lucky enough to stumble upon the bugbear at another bar. He sidled up to him and demanded the bugbear to tell him what he know of the Bloodghosts and the dragonshard. The bugbear warned to him mind his own business and take a hike. Braddoc responded threateningly and a fight ensued. Though Brugg - the bugbear - weilded a huge greatclub he was no match for the dwarf. In the end Braddoc knocked him unconscious and was rewarded for his efforts by being invited to the back room of the bar where he was told to return the next day for information on the dragonshard. Surprisingly enough he was given the name Jarmaag Fireseer at the Bottle and Blade Inn.
- The next day the entire group made their way to the east end of Xandrar and devised a plan on entering the pub separately. Delian posed as a prospective buyer of rare wines (and paid a ransom for a few glasses of rare liquer). Ethan met Tolg and waited patiently for Jarmaag to show his face. Nenia with her "bodyguard" Sterling gave their secret code to the barkeep and promptly ordered a glass of milk before she was ridiculed into purchasing a mug of ale. Latly, Braddoc marched in asking for Jarmaag. They were all rewarded when the kobold Jarmaag entered the pub from the kitchen and directly asked the lot of them to follow him downstairs for on offer of exchange.
- Below the pub was a secret gambling hall. After being forced to relinquish their weapons at the door they met with Jarmaag and Tolg inside. Jarmaag offered to ensure the group located the laid of Rathos in exchange for their guarantee that Rathos' leadership of the local Bloodghosts would end and Jarmaag's would begin.
- The group agreed and Jarmaag promptly set up a meeting with one of Rathos' known henchmen. Jarmaag got into a heated argument with the hobgoblin. When the irate contact stormed out of the pub Ethan trailed him into the ruins to the East and learned where the location of Rathos' lair was.
- After the party was gathered they descended the steps of the hideout into what looked like an ancient crypt. After carefully searching the alcoves and halls for traps the group came upon a door. From the far side they heard a piano.
- Passing through the door revealed a 20 foot square room ending in a thick green curtain. From beyond the beautiful tones of the piano continued. When the groupmates reached the curtain it magically pulled back to reveal an absolutely stunning woman playing an ornate piano in the middle of a throne room. She welcomed them and, when questioned, indicated the she did indeed know Rathos. She had struck a deal with him to guard his entrance in exchange for all the food it brought to her! A battle ensued during which Sterling smashed and burned the piano.
- Even after dominating a couple of the heroes and teleporting away the group was able to trap her outside a storeroom and finish her off. Delian delved the recesses of his religious teaching and recalled that the beast was known as a Vampire Muse. The only way to truly kill her was by destroying her blood cauldron (think phylactery). Oddly enough Sterling has inadvertantly already done so by destroying the piano in which it was hidden!
- Inside the storage room the group found a
Cloak of Distortion +2 (Adventurer's Vault)
Silver-plated sword x 2 (250 gp each)