Thursday, July 24, 2008

Delian's Letters -- 8 Rhaan, 998 YK

Greetings, father

We arrived in the mining village last night. It’s pretty bad here. The owner of the local tavern and two serving girls are the only townsfolk not forced to work the mines. Four thugs were left behind to keep things orderly. It didn’t take long to realize that these four were remorseless. As long as they remained in power the townsfolk would never be free. We drew steel on these men and killed them. The flame burned within me and blessed my companions. We were victorious.

We are heading for the mines in the next hour. I have no doubt that I will need to call upon the blessings of the Silver Flame when we get there. I’m sure my steel and my faith will be needed to free the townsfolk and punish their captures.

When next I write you, I will tell you how we freed these people. Until then, may the Silver Flame keep you safe.

No comments: